Critical times to consider incorporating your startup are:
- before launching your product or service to the market;
- before a co-founder joins; and
- 0if you want to issue shares to new investors or run an employee share scheme.
The benefits of incorporating a startup are:
- asset protection for the co-founders if the startup fails;
- the ability to define each co-founders’ shareholding upfront, which reduces the likelihood of ownership disputes between co-founders;
- access to flat company tax rates, which are currently 25% for companies with turnover up to $50 million and 30% for companies with turnover over $50 million.