General Terms & Conditions
Last updated on 7 August 2021
- We, our or us means Alvin Legal Pty Ltd ACN 619 560 646.
- We operate the website at alvinlegal.com.au (Website).
- The Additional Terms and Conditions that appear on the Website will govern your use of, and access to, certain sections of the Website where they appear.
2. Website content and access
- While we endeavour to take reasonable care in preparing and maintaining the information on the Website, we do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, adequacy or completeness of any of the content on the Website. You acknowledge and accept that the content may include technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The Website content is subject to change at any time without notice and may not necessarily be up-to-date or accurate at the time you view it.
- It is your responsibility to enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material or information you seek to rely upon. To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for loss directly or indirectly arising from your use of or reliance on the Website or the content on the Website.
- We do not guarantee that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or that the Website is free from viruses or anything else that may damage any device which accesses the Website or any data on such a device.
3. Limitation of liability
To the full extent allowed by law:
- Our liability for breach of any term implied into this document by any law is excluded; and
- We will not be liable for loss or damage of any kind, arising out of or in any way connected with the Website, the content on the Website or the use or performance of the Website, whether arising in contract, negligence, statute or in any other cause of action, even if we have been advised of the possibility of damages.
- We will not, under any circumstance, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss of profits.
4. Intellectual property
- The materials displayed on the Website, including without limitation all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trade marks, are our property and may be protected by copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed only for your personal, non-commercial use within your organisation, provided that any copyright notice on such a display or page is not removed. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without our express prior written consent.
- Save for the above, and unless expressly granted, we do not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, our intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the Website or in the user interface of the Website.
5. Links to the website
- If you wish to establish a link to the Website, you must first seek our approval. To seek approval, please contact us at [email protected].
- The following information will be required to assess your request:
1/ The URL of the website that you seek to establish a link from;
2/ a brief description of your website;
3/ The reason that you wish to establish a link.
- If we agree to your proposed link, you must comply with any terms and conditions imposed by us as a condition of such agreement. If the nature or content of your website changes in any significant way, you must contact us and provide a new description of your website.
6. Interference with website
- You must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with the Website or any material or content displayed on the Website.
7. Use of website outside Australia
- The goods or services displayed on the Website have not been approved for sale by any authority outside of Australia. The Website is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website or distribution or use of information contained on the Website would be contrary to an overseas law or regulation, or would subject us to any registration or other requirement within a location outside of Australia.
- It is your responsibility, in accessing the Website, to observe all applicable laws and regulations of your relevant jurisdiction. By proceeding, you represent and warrant that the applicable laws and regulations of your jurisdiction allow you to access the information contained on the Website.
- This document is governed by the law in force in New South Wales, Australia (Jurisdiction).
- Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Jurisdiction and the courts competent to determine appeals from those courts, in relation to any proceedings that may be brought at any time relating to this document.
- Each party irrevocably waives any objection it may have now or in the future to the venue of any proceedings where that venue falls within the Jurisdiction.